You must include these 4 things in your letter:
- "Your tax-deductible donation of $100.00 or more will receive special recognition in our Winter Performance program."
- “Please make your check out to Choral Music Department, Birmingham Community Charter High School. Our charitable tax ID number is available from Accounts Payable at (818) 758-5206.”
- “If you have any questions or would like to get more details about this incredible opportunity for BCCHS students, feel free to email me or contact our choral director, Michael Suffolk, at (805) 404-2406, or our principal, Marsha Coates, at (818) 758-5203.”
- At least one statistic/fact about BCCHS or one quote about the importance of music/art education!
- Incomes of BCCHS families: Over 60% of BCCHS students qualify for free or reduced lunches. (48.6% qualify for free lunches.)
- BCCHS Demographics: 76.4% Hispanic or Latino, 8.8% African American, 2.1 % Filipino, 9.7% White, 1.8% Asian, 1% Pacific Islander, .2% American Indian or Alaska
- 1/5 (19%) of BCCHS students are designated as having “Limited English Proficiency”
- Total number of BCCHS students: 2,676
To find local businesses:
Format -- Sample Donation Request Letters: