Click here for the Digital Library
- click on "Career Cruising"
- click on "Assessments" at the top
- click on "Career Matchmaker"
- enter a first & last name and click "Start Now"
After you take the quiz, you'll get a list of your top 40 career matches.
Write down the top 7 matches that interest you!
Below are 3 sections of questions to answer on a separate sheet of paper:
Section 1: Investigate a Career
Answer these questions for one career:
- Describe the job: Write a paragraph summarizing the information under "Job Description."
- How much money would you make in this job?
- What kind of education/schooling is requied?
- Which of your quiz answers led to this career match? ("Suitable for You" tab on the left.) For example: I was matched with this job because in the quiz I responded that I like "work that involves teamwork & cooperation" and that I really enjoy "working in the outdoors."
- Name a job that didn't appear in your matches.
- Click on "See how other careers match up with my answers" to find out how your answers did NOT match up with this career choice. Explain why this job was not a match.
Section 3: Reflection
- Do you think the quiz results accurately reflect your talents & interests? Explain why or why not.
- What did you learn from this exercise?
- How could this exercise be changed to make it more helpful/useful to students?